Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Did it again...

Almost 2 weeks since my last update. And you know what? That's fine. I'm not going to beat myself over it, because I know that I have still been fairly good about eating, exercising. So even though I didn't DO what I said I was going to...I have the best intentions, and manage to execute it about 80% of the time.

Phase 1 didn't happen last week. Not even sure why. So guess what - Monday, I am back on it. Two weeks will take me until the end of March...which, that's fine - I need the jump start. I am down 27 total, but I still have a long ways to go. CANNOT get complacent.

I know that this site is public, but clearly, the only people that read what I write regularly, are friends, that follow me, and are for the most part dealing with their own weight loss journey. Today, I went somewhere I didn't think I would - I managed to go on a rant on FB. Didn't mean to, but it happened...and maybe the result will be that I can help someone else, even by letting them know that they aren't alone in the process. Who knows.

I'm pasting it here, so that I have it to look back on for myself - for the days when I NEED it - because I know, that I need to take my own advice as easily as I give it out:

I am hoping on my soapbox briefly - but seeing as you are all leaving comments, I figure you are game for what I'm about to say ;)

Not everything works for everyone. READ - find what works for YOU, and run with it. I have found in my own personal experience (and from working in the weight loss industry), that it is a lot of trial and error. For one. For two - YOU HAVE TO BE READY!!! Mentally, ready to make the change. If you are not, you will most likely fail. Sorry, but it is true. Why do you think there are so many yo yo dieters? Because people 'say' they are going to do something, and don't...or they do, and it lasts a few days until they are bored, stressed, drunk, whatever.

Figure out what YOUR habits are - is it portions? Do you skip meals through the day? Are you getting all of your calories in the form of liquids (soda, etc). If you don't know what the problem is, you will have a hard time with a solution.

I am by no means, an expert. This is a struggle for me every day of my life. Even once I lose what I want to, I will always be a 'fat kid' - I love food. My advice is based on what I have found to work for me...I am truly grateful and blessed to have a very supportive family and network of friends, who have been so great in providing the encouragement that I so badly need most days. I have a blog that I write in - I try to update it daily, it helps me to remain accountable. Sometimes I fail miserably at that...I also use a free site - loseit.com - which helps me to SEE what I am eating, calories I can have, what my progress is... THAT is what I need. Some people need meetings. Some people need boot camp. This is what I need, and you are all a large part of it - bigger than you can imagine!!! So thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment